* Chair, IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Society (IEEE-GRSS) Kolkata Chapter, (2019 onwards) .
* Vice Chair, IEEE Computational Intelligence Society (IEEE-CIS) Kolkata Chapter, (2017-2018) .
* Senior Member IEEE (SMIEEE), USA, Membership No. 90363033
(Member of IEEE Signal Processing Society, Computational Intelligence Society and Geoscience & Remote Sensing Society).
* Member IET, UK.
* Fellow of Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India) (FIETE), No. F123493.
* Life Member of Indian Society of Technical Education, India (LMISTE)
* Convenor of 26th National Children's Science Congress (By Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India) on Dec, 27-31 2018, at Siksha O Anusandhan (Deemed to be Univeristy), Bhubaneswar.
* General Chair of Springer International Conference on Advanced Computing and Intelligent Engineering (ICACIE) on Dec, 22-24 2018, at Siksha O Anusandhan (Deemed to be Univeristy), Bhubaneswar.
* Program Chair of IEEE conference on Power, Communication and Information Technology (PCITC) on Oct, 15-17 2015, at Siksha O Anusandhan (Deemed to be Univeristy), Bhubaneswar.
* Convenor of the IEEE Workshop on Computational Intellience held during 14-15 April 2014 at Siksha O Anusandhan University, Bhubaneswar.
* Program Chair of the National Workshop on Image and Video Analysis on May, 16-18 2013, at Siksha O Anusandhan (Deemed to be Univeristy), Bhubaneswar.
* Judge in the ACM International Collegiate Proramming Contest (ICPC) held during 14-15th December 2013 held at IIT Kharagpur.
* Program Chair of the International Conference on Dec, 20-22 2012, at Siksha O Anusandhan (Deemed to be Univeristy), SMECCO & FANCCO (Springer supported).
* Program Chair of the IEEE International Conference on Energy, Automation and Signal, 28-30 Dec, 2011, Siksha O Anusandhan (Deemed to be Univeristy), Bhubaneswar.
* Covener of the IEEE workshop on Computational Intelligence held during 26-27 Dec 2011,at Siksha O Anusandhan (Deemed to be Univeristy), Bhubaneswar.
* General Chair of International Symposium (IEEE supported) on Bio-Inspired Computing (BICA-09) to be held at Bhubaneswar during Dec 21-22nd 2009.
* Local Organizing Co-Chair in ICVGIP-08, held during 16-19th Dec 2008, Bhubaneswar.
* Chairman of the National Conference on "Smart Communication and Industrial informatics" held during 3-4th Feb 2006, at NIT Rourkela.
* Convenor of the National Conference on "Recent Advances in Power, Signal Processing and Control" held during 16-17th Nov. 2004, at NIT, Rourkela.
* Convener of the All India Seminar on "Application Evolutionary Strategies to Power, Signal Processing and Control" held from 14th-15th Feb. 2002 at REC, Rourkela. (Jointly with Institution of Engineers (India), Rourkela Local center).
* Convener of a National Student seminar titled "Electro Quest-2001" held on 6th-7th April, 2001 at REC, Rourkela.
* Odisha Technocrat award by Ever Green Forum, Odisha on 15th September 2013 at Bhubaneswar. (2013)
* Bharat Jyoti Award by Indian International Friendship society, New Delhi on 14th Feb 2012.
* Selected with financial assistance to pursue Ph.D. in the University of New Brunswick, Canada, in the Year 1992.
* Selected as a regular research scholar at IIT Bombay (1989).
* Awarded National Level Merit Scholarship during Intermediate Science and Engineering from 1978-1984.
* Awarded State level merit scholarship in school during 1974-1978.
* Awarded Certificate of Merit for first position in the class in 1977.
* Awarded 3rd Prize for Block Level Debate Competition in 1977.
* IEEE transaction on SMC,
* IET Computer Vision and IET Image Processing,
* International Journals on Pattern Recognition Letters, Digital Signal Processing,
* Journal of Electronics Imaging (SPIE),
* Journal of Medical Imaging (SPIE) and many IEEE conferences.
* He has served as program committee members of many reputed IEEE International Conferences.
* Initiated actions for the joint project on Biomedical Imaging With the Philips Innovation campus, Bangalore.
* Initiated a joint research work with Vehicle Research and Development Agency (VRDE) , a DRDO Lab at Ahmadnagar, Maharastra.
* Visited School of Computing, Leeds University, UK, 9-23rd March 2006. (Prof. David Hogg, Head of Computer Vision Group).
* DRDO: for recruitment of Scientist D at New Delhi 17th Feb 2010.
* DRDO: for assessment of Scientists at RCI Hyderabad, March 2008.
* DRDO: for recruitment for Scientist-B at NIT, Jamshedpur.
* Faculty selection at NIT, Jamshedpur, May, 2008.
* Faculty selection at NIT, Rourkela.
* Faculty selection at KIIT University, SOA University and other private Engineering Colleges.
Member of NBA committee and Visited several Colleges for accreditation under AICTE-NBA team.